This publication has been produced with the assistance of the European Union.
The content of this publication is the sole responsibility of project "NARVA RIVER WATER ROUTES" partners
and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union.


Making visas for coming into Estonian Republic

Making visas

Citizens of countries-members of EU and a range of other countries don’t need a visa to come to Estonia. Visa-free regime is settled with a range of other countries as well. The full list of these countries can be found in the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Estonia:

Citizens of other countries (including CIS) have to have a visa in their foreign passport currently in force. Visa can be got through tourist’s companies that organize trips to Estonia or directly in the Embassy in Moscow, in consulate general in Saint-Petersburg or in the consulate in Pskov.

Custom information

A passenger aged 18 and coming outside EU for the first time may bring in in his luggage tobacco goods, alcohol, perfume and petrol for personal needs in the following quantity:
  • Tobacco goods: 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillo, 50 cigars, 250 grams of tobacco and 250 grams of chewing tobacco.
  • Alcohol: beer at the total price not more than 175 euro that at the same time is the price quota of all tax-free import goods, 2 liters of vine and 2 liters of alcohol drinks with alcohol contents before 22% (including sparkling wine and liqueur), 50 gr of perfume or 0,25 liter of toilet water.
  • Petrol: petrol that is in a standard fuel tank of a mechanical transport device and that is used in this mechanical transport device; beside petrol in a fuel tank 10 liters more for personal use.
  • Products: as a rule, a passenger is forbidden to bring in meat, milk and products made of them outside EU.

A passenger has a right to bring in movable luggage for personal consumption:

Not more than 1 kg of foodstuff of animal’s origin (fish, eggs, honey), meat, milk and made of them products only through frontier points that have a license, a certificate that has to be represented on the border for a wet checking should be joined to it, other foodstuff for personal consumption.

Additional information can be got in a local custom-house or from a custom official that implements custom registration.

Last updated:
Project is part financed by the
European Union Community Initiative INTERREG